Do they make a converter for an older 6-pin keyboard to USB?

by on September 21, 2012

Q: have old keyboard with a cord that has cylindrical lavender colored end with 6 pins. I want to use it and connect it to s51224 slimline HP computer with Microsoft window 7 on it, just got it this month, hate the keyboard with it. What converter can I get that will make that old keyboard cord fit into the USB place on the new computer. I am a widow, don’t have much technical knowledge and need help. Have Googled pages and pages of adapters but how can you put another cylinder onto the one that is the cord end, doesn’t make sense.

One Response to “Do they make a converter for an older 6-pin keyboard to USB?”

    I think what you are asking about is a PS2 keyboard to USB adaptor.

    You need to be careful because they make inexpensive PS2 keyboard to USB adaptors but they only work with keyboard that support the conversion. You will need to make sure you get the bigger, not so nice looking ones, unless your keyboard supports the conversion. I am not sure if there is anyway to tell if your keyboard supports the conversion so I would error on the safe side and spend a few dollars more.

    You can probably find this device at a local RadioShack/computer store and return it if it doesn’t work easily enough as well.